Marlow Hunter Website
LOA Privacy (GDPR) Statement
Privacy & Data Protection Policy -
- The Legend Owners Association’s (LOA) prime objective is to provide a means for owners of Legend Yachts to meet, socialise, and exchange information about their yachts. In order to do this, we collect and use personal data in the following way:
- Information that you provide on the application form, and any other information obtained or provided during the course of your application for membership will be used solely for the purpose of processing your application and communicating with you as a member of the LOA.
- Our communication is mainly by email but some publications and confirmations may be sent by the postal services.
- The data will not be shared with any third party for marketing or commercial purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent.
- Your data will be shared (in limited format) with others in the Members Directory which is located in the Members Only section of the website.
- Occasionally we take photographs and/or videos of our members during events for use on our website and magazine.
Privacy & Data Protection Policy
The Legend Owners Association’s (LOA) prime objective is to provide a means for owners of Legend Yachts to meet, socialise, and exchange information about their yachts.
This policy describes what personal information we collect or obtain about you and how we use it.
This policy covers the following:
B. Information we may collect or receive about you
C. Website Cookies
D. How we use your information
E. How we may share your information
F. Retention of your information
G. Where we store information about you
H. Passwords and PIN numbers
I. Use of the Internet
J. Your rights
K. Access to information
M. Contact details
On first becoming a Member of the LOA you will be asked to give your specific consent to this policy as part of the joining process. You will be treated as having consented to our use of your personal data as described in this document. The information you give us may include:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and photograph, the name of your spouse or partner and any relatives in the LOA
- Accounts of your sailing activities both as Wavelines articles or as entries on the online LOA Forum
B. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT OR RECEIVE ABOUT YOU
Additional Information we collect about you when you visit any LOA Website:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; items purchased and the cost of those items including any discounts; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
C. WEBSITE COOKIES
- LOA Websites use authentication cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website and to ensure that only members can grant access those parts of the site whichare designated for members only use.
D. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you:
- To fulfil our obligations to you in the following ways: to administer your membership of LOA and the payment of your annual subscriptions using the Direct Debit Scheme or other methods of payment
- To keep you updated in the following ways: to notify you about changes to our membership benefits and conditions to provide you with information about events we run and services we offer to our members to provide you with news and information about other club members in so far as they relate to the objectives of the club
E. HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Your name, contact details and yacht details will be shared with other members of the LOA via the LOA membership directory.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties, unless under a duty to in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LOA and its members.
- From time to time we may take photos or videos at events for publication on our website or in-house magazine.
F. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may keep and process your personal data for so long as you remain a member of the LOA.
- Where your membership lapses, we will within a reasonable time of the lapse cease actively processing your data, but may retain your personal data.
G. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The data that we collect from you will be stored inside the UK or EEA and processed by staff working for any IT company that the LOA might employ on its behalf to manage its website and membership database. Such staff will be contractually obliged to maintain the privacy of your data.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or which enables you to access certain parts of any LOA Website or to use the LOA Forum, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share passwords with anyone, and you should not save them in your web browser unless you have specific password protection software on your computer which stores it in an encrypted format.
I. USE OF THE INTERNET
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
J. YOUR RIGHTS
- If we retain your personal data after you cease to be a member of the LOA, then you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercisethis right at any time by contacting us membership@Legendowners.com.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
K. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can access the vast majority of the information the Association holds on you by visiting and updating your personal profile on the Members Only Area LOA website. For any other information you should contact us at membership@Legendowners.com.